Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easy Chicken Enchilada

I put together an amazing recipe last night according to the rest of my family.  I love chicken enchiladas but usually can not make them taste just right.  I have no idea where this came from, but while buying groceries I found a few things I wanted to try.

I started with the usual, corn tortilla shells, red mild enchilada sauce, and chicken breast.The store I was at did not have the white cheese that I normally use, so I found some white Velveeta. Finished my shopping, then headed home.

That night I started by dicing up the chicken.  I placed it in a pan with pollo seasoning, a little onion and cilantro.  Slowly cooked the chicken until nice and tender.  Then I decided to add the can of enchilada sauce.  It smelled amazing before, but I sorta do not like plain enchilada sauce.  To weaken that taste a little I added 1/4 of the large stick of white Velveeta,  a little more onion and pollo seasoning.  Stirred it around a little until the cheese melted, then grabbed my shells to start wrapping.

Turned the oven on to 350 degrees, wrapped up the juicy chicken with the tortillas, added a few more slices of white Velveeta and placed it in the oven for 30 minutes.  It made my house smell so good.  They did not survive the night in our house.  No left overs, but the amazing smell is still around. 

These were super easy to make and the best homemade enchiladas I have ever had.  If you are in a hurry with hungry kids waiting, you can shorten the prep time by layering the chicken, sauce and tortillas.  It makes a great basic casserole you can add you favorites to and build your own unique taste!  This is also a great way to use your home grown peppers this season to add a little more kick to the seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment