Sunday, April 28, 2013

A morning walk in the garden

We have had a busy weekend with my stuffy nose and all. This morning I took a little time before the rest of the house woke up. I went for a quiet walk where the only nose to hear are birds chirping. The wind from yesterday is gone and the trees are still.

It was so peaceful and refreshing. The grass and flowers had drops of morning due still on them making the blooms glisten in the rising sun. The colors were so bright this morning and the water drops look amazing sitting on the rose petals. Happy Sunday morning! Hope everyone has a great day!



























4 comments:

  1. You have lovely blooms in your garden. May I please ask how big is your garden? That yellow rose with water droplets -- it's an amazing picture -- the shot has really come out nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Right now we are small we are on around 3 acres. We have a little over 8 acres across the road we are clearing off the last 4 acres to build on. It has a very pretty natural spring running through it just begging for a rose garden to be finished.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blooms! There's something about raindrops on flowers that always makes for the best photos, I think.

    Thanks for visiting me, Erin. You asked about my dark tulips, 'Queen of the Night." They're pretty common, I think; if you check catalogs this fall or online companies like Brent and Becky's Bulbs, you should be able to find some them. I have them paired with white tulips, which unfortunately aren't blooming yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Yes it is way to late for them here, but will be a great order for this fall. Good luck with the white tulips. Hopefully they will bloom soon. I have never looked at Brent and Becky's, so I am on my way to check out their bulbs now. Thank you for the helpful information!

      Delete